The best travel destinations in December
Travel to India will give you a bright kaleidoscope of emotions. And December is a good time to plan a trip. At this time, the rainy season ends here and warm, dry weather sets in. The average daily temperature depends on the selected region, because in India there are several climatic zones. In the states of Goa and Kerala, it is + 32 ° C, in Mumbai it stays at + 30 ° C, in Delhi and Calcutta – + 26 ° C. But where to go is not recommended – so it is in Tamil Nadu, where in December the monsoon season reigns with storms, heavy rains and other “charms”.
In addition to a paradise beach holiday, India in December can offer the tourist a lot of interesting options for hanging out:
• Admire the palace complexes
• Join the traditions and feel the national flavor, taking a trip to the village tour
• Look at the Taj Mahal
• Arrange an adventurous jungle trek
• Visit the Hornbill Festivals, India Art Festival, Madras Music Season
• Buy souvenirs at an arts and crafts fair in Shilpgram village
• Celebrate Catholic Christmas and New Year
Sri Lanka tour – a good solution for a serene beach holiday. Here it is sunny and warm all year round, and the gentle waters of the Indian Ocean are inviting to plunge. And even though December in Sri Lanka is considered a cold winter month, this is absolutely not the winter to which we are accustomed. The average daily temperature is + 28 ° С … + 30 ° С, the water in the ocean is heated to + 27 ° С. The most popular resorts are Colombo, Galle, Kalkudah, Wadduwa.
The December weather in Sri Lanka allows you to enjoy the beach as much as possible.
In addition, this country is famous for a huge number of attractions and offers interesting excursions:
• Make a pilgrimage to the center of Buddhism Anuradhapura
• Go to the monastic caves of Alluvihara
• Visit the unique picturesque city on Lion’s Rock
• Enjoy primeval nature and listen to the birds singing in Bundala Park
In December, the Sri Lankan holiday Uduvap Poya. It is dedicated to the sacred Bo tree and is accompanied by many colorful rituals. Also, Sri Lanka should go to those who are tired of the traditional celebration of Christmas and New Year. Palm trees are a great alternative to Christmas trees, and an incendiary party on the beach is much more fun than Olivier and TV in home walls.
In Cuba, it is always sunny, fun, picturesque, so buying a tour to this area is a good choice. In December, the average daily temperature on Liberty Island is + 26 ° С … + 28 ° С. This is one of the driest months of the year, accounting for no more than 5 rainy days. The sun at this time is not scorching, but very gentle, so the risk of burning is reduced to zero. This creates a comfortable environment for a beach holiday.
Advantages of holidays in Cuba in December:
• Mild climate
• Warm and crystal clear sea
• Incredibly beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
• Abundance of water activities – diving, fishing, windsurfing
• Incendiary atmosphere – Latin American dancing until the morning, rum by the river, carnivals and much more
• Extensive excursion program – contrasts of Havana, colorful villages, scenic reserves, caves with ancient rock paintings
• The famous International Festival of Latin American Cinema with many shows (December 8)
• Colorful celebration of the New Year
Traveling to Cuba is a win-win for those who want to escape from the gray of everyday life, to arrange a bright holiday for themselves.
Breaking out of the cold and frosty winter days stands in the Dominican Republic. Here, just behind the rainy season, and established a comfortable dry weather. The average daily temperature is kept at + 26 ° С … + 31 ° С, the water warms up to + 27 ° С. The climatic features of this country offer great opportunities for a relaxing beach holiday. You can spend hours sunning yourself in the sun, sipping a cocktail and swimming in the warm Caribbean Sea. Also available are any water activities – kayaking, windsurfing, diving, parasailing.
In addition to the beach, there are many other options available:
• Visit the capital of Dominicana – Santo Domingo, whose colonial-style houses, ancient ruins and monuments are on the UNESCO list
• Plunge into the world of pristine nature in a beautiful park on the island of Saone
• Wander through the stalactite caves of Fun Fun
• Admire the stone buildings of the ancient city of Altos de Chavon
• Ride around the plantations of coffee, cocoa, mango
• Meet Catholic Christmas and New Year in an exotic atmosphere
Christmas holidays in the Dominican Republic – a whirlwind of unbridled fun with noisy carnivals, incendiary parties and fireworks. Here you will not be bored!
December Egypt – good direction. The abundance of hotel offers allows you to choose a tour for any budget. However, it is worth considering that in December it is quite windy here, and the weather depends on the chosen area. In this regard, Hurghada will be a win-win option.